Big Sky Botanicals Hydro CBD Tincture
Get 20% OFF! USE CODE CBDENCYCLOPEDIA20
Smell (Irrelevant to effects)
If I were to assign one word to Big Sky Botanicals’ Hydro CBD Tincture (250mg), without a doubt, that word is aromatherapeutic. With just one whiff prior to consumption, I noticed scents in the order of sweet, floral, and somewhat soapy; the kind of soap that reminds you of home. Similar to a standard cup of tea, the water-soluble aspect in this CBD reduces any overpowering scents otherwise found in your local, go-to, syrupy-loaded Starbucks drink. Instead, these ever-so-slight notes of hemp and quillaja brought me to what I imagine would be offered upon entering a spa-like setting—quite the difference, in my opinion.
Taste (Irrelevant to Effects)
The CBD in this tincture is nano-emulsified, meaning it is water-soluble and meant to be mixed into either food or a beverage. However, curiosity got the best of me. I placed the tincture under my tongue (something the CBD company specifically recommends against). While a different buyer reviewed their experience as not-so-much enjoying the flavor, I honestly didn’t think it was that bad – at all. Whether it be due to knowing this wasn’t the suggested method of consumption, regardless, I noticed a combination much different from the review I initially stumbled upon. In short: the fuse between tea, honey, hemp, soap, and other countless natural flavorings had me vouching for the taste during and after consumption. All-in-all, I don’t mind the after-taste, as it pleasantly coated my mouth until a few sips of water washed it away.
When I consumed this CBD tincture the recommended way, my descriptors for this method are unsurprisingly similar to the above. It still held that incredibly subtle flavor that can easily be hidden by food or a drink. Personally, I mixed it into the following on various occasions: water, yogurt, smoothie, and a fancy lemonade. Again, curiosity got the best of me, confirming I can’t be the only one to become a “CBD chef,” if you will.
- My city has tap water which some describe as “not ok” regarding safety in consumption. So, I opted for the non-cancerous method and went for some Brita filtered H2O.
- 1mL Big Sky Botanical’s Hydro CBD Tincture
- Result: Similar to the water offered in the spa lobby, beyond refreshing, very subtle, and slightly floral.
- Some call me the “Gordon Ramsey of Yogurt.” I’m often woken up by my girlfriend telling me to “Wake up!” Why? Because I’m “late for work!”
- I guess I’ll keep dreaming of the days I’m recognized for my talents. Until then, I’ll keep putting in about half a cup of Chobani Honey Flavored Yogurt, 2mL of the Hydro CBD Tincture, two little squeezes of honey, and a teaspoon of a fancy apple cider vinegar that I’m certain benefits the immune system.
- Result: The yogurt masked the CBD flavor, so if that’s what you’re looking for, this is a perfect option for you.
Fancy Lemonade Recipe:
- If you’re seeking to cleanse your gut, boost your immune system, and feel like you’re “better” than your closest friends in terms of taking care of your health – please stop what you’re doing and try this. Honestly, I’ve developed this into a one-of-a-kind drink throughout the past couple of years that my girlfriend requests daily. No, I’m not kidding. I put in 1 scoop of charcoal powder, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a squeeze of honey, a splash of apple cider vinegar, and 2mL of the Hydro CBD Tincture (new addition), and of course, water or even sparkling water. Alternatively, if you’ve got the taste buds for coconut water (like my girlfriend), it’s safe to say that these recipes are more than versatile.
- Result: This recipe allows for the CBD to perfectly accent the other flavors within the Lemonade.
- For four years now, morning smoothies have become a part of my routine that I practice religiously. I’m one of those guys who wants to be healthy but will put in the least amount of effort to learn multiple recipes. In this one, I put in half a banana, a handful of frozen strawberries, half a cup of almond milk (or an alternative), a scoop of yogurt, a tablespoon of MCT Oil, 1mL of Big Sky Botanicals’ Hydro CBD Tincture (new addition) and sometimes, a scoop of Hemp Protein Powder if I’ve walked up more than my usual one flight of stairs per day. Once again, the Hydro CBD Tincture’s flavor was masked, but that doesn’t mean the effects were not felt. Genuinely, this water-soluble CBD Tincture is a versatile one that can be used daily, whether you’re seeking the actual taste of it or not.
- Result: This is a fantastic way to incorporate CBD into your daily routine without any lingering aftertaste.
Straight out of the bottle, the consistency is what I’d compare to honey as it melts within the first 10 seconds of putting it into your nightly, wind-down tea. You know what I mean? When taken using the pipette from the tincture itself, (under the tongue as I’ve done), I’ve found the consistency to be much more sugary, in the sense you can both feel and taste the crystals coating your tastebuds, lasting less than a minute or two. Once again, though, the company does NOT recommend you do this. When mixed in with water, the sugary texture I mentioned above disappears, as it should. It simply emulsifies in a way that leaves absolutely no oily or slimy texture.
When testing this product for relief in symptoms related to anxiety, my girlfriend and I began using between 30-90mg of CBD per day to calm our nerves, mostly so we can get through our workdays. Not to mention, we work in entirely different settings and industries of work. However, with a lower dose of Big Sky Botanicals (8.3-16.6mg), we both notice a finer-drawn effect, more subtle than what we actually believed was necessary to get through those long workdays. Here’s what I do now before we clock in: at 8:30 AM, I add 2mL to each of our smoothies. Around 12:30 PM (as I’m writing this), I still feel mindful yet alert, meaning very little to no racing thoughts. While I do hope for a more potent dosage in the future from this brand, I will say that Big Sky Botanicals’ recommended dosage is the perfect, systemic, low-key product that can be felt throughout my entire body for an appropriate, extended amount of time.
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Hydro
- 250 mg CBD
- Net Wt. 1 fl. Oz (30 mL)
Made from organically grown hemp
Sourced and manufactured in the USA
- Service Size: 1 mL
- Servings Per Container 30
- Active Ingredients: Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil
- Inactive Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Quillaja Extract
- Contains: Coconut and Palm Kernel Oil
- 0.0% THC
- Water Soluble
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
First Hand Review
Big Sky Botanical’s 250mg Hydro CBD Tincture costs $34.95, equalling around $0.14 per milligram of CBD and $1.16 per 8.3 mg dose. In comparison to other water-soluble products, this is right around average. However, when we consider the benefits of water-solubility, we think the price is more than reasonable. Compared to Nature Script’s 300 mg Pure Hemp Extract, the Hydro CBD Tincture is $0.03 per milligram cheaper.
There are many CBD companies making tinctures. There are two main factors to consider when choosing a tincture. A) Was the starting material grown organically? B) Are there any synthetic ingredients or residual solvents in the tincture? In the case of Big Sky Botanical’s CBD Oil Tincture, the hemp starting material is grown all organically, and the tincture contains no harmful chemical ingredients. That means this product passes our CBD buyers guide test, and that’s truthfully what sold me.
It’s important to remember that water-soluble products are still relatively new within the world of CBD and that there are other potential options to consider. Infinite CBD’s Nano CBD Enhancer contains the highest dosage of water-soluble CBD on our site, specifically if you seek relief from intense or increasing pain, as it comes in at a whopping 6000mg (200mg/mL). However, it costs about 7.5x the price of Big Sky Botanical’s Hydro CBD Tincture. For a product with a similar CBD dosage, the Ambary Gardens CBD Tincture: Water-Soluble Extract; heads up though, this product is unflavored.
First Hand Review;
“First time trying a CBD product. After several weeks of use, I have felt subtle results that are not overpowering or gone unnoticed. I've wanted to try a CBD product for a while due to headaches and stress issues. I honestly feel a quieting of my overthinking brain plus better focus. It's a subtle, welcome change for me. I add the Hydro CBD tincture to my morning coffee, and if I feel I need a boost, depending on my circumstance, my afternoon coffee. I'm pleased with the results. Also, appreciate the quantity/quality of the information provided on the BSB website and the super secure way the product is packaged for USPS mail travel.”