cbdMD CBD Oil Softgel Capsules Product Review
GET 15% OFF! USE CODE: KEY15
cbdMD at a Glance
cbdMD’s products straddle the line between full-spectrum CBD oil and isolate-based CBD extracts. The company is part of a growing movement that seeks to provide the benefits of a varied cannabinoid profile without the risk of THC consumption.
The scientists at cbdMD do this by combining pure CBD isolate with a broad-spectrum blend. This blend includes numerous supplemental ingredients like terpenes, amino acids, and essential oils. Various formulas may include B-caryophyllene, Guaiol, A-bisabolol, isopulegol, and eucalyptol to enhance CBD’s effectiveness. This way, cbdMD can provide the ‘Entourage Effect’ benefits without the risk of THC contamination.
cbdMD Discount & Coupon Code
Be sure to use our unique cbdMD Coupon Code ‘KEY15’ for a 15% discount on your entire order!
CBD Oil Capsules Overview
Get your daily CBD the quick and convenient way with CBD oil capsules. With a range of precisely measured concentrations of Superior Broad Spectrum hemp extract in each pill, CBD capsules let you track exactly how much CBD you’re getting. Simple and easy to add to your everyday routine, combine with other vitamins and supplements, or pack them with you wherever you go. No flavorings, no additives, and no-frills, just the high-quality ingredients you want to feel your best!
- CBD Information:
- Made with cbdMD’s Superior Broad Spectrum hemp extract
- Enriched with CBG, CBN, and beneficial terpenes
- 450-1500mg CBD per Bottle
- Carrier Oil:
- MCT oil
- Other Information:
- Available in two sizes and three concentrations
- Vegan and Gluten-Free
Smell, Taste, & Consistency (Irrelevant to effects)
- Upon opening the bottle, there really isn’t much of a smell to these cbdMD CBD Oil Softgel Capsules (1000mg). There is a subtle sweetish scent, likely from the capsules themselves, but the product within them doesn’t have a strong odor. If you’re very sensitive to flavors or scents, these capsules might be a good option for you.
- There is no flavor to these little guys whatsoever. They’re easy to swallow (like most capsules, it’s helpful to float them to the back of your throat for easy swallowing), and their smooth texture prevents them from sticking to the soft tissues of the mouth or getting stuck.
- First, we’d like to commend cbdMD for their packaging decision with these capsules: they’re sold in a child-proof bottle, which we feel should be the standard. While there’s no danger of overdosing on CBD, it is still medicine. As such, we think it should be responsibly packaged. We applaud cbdMD’s decision to use childproof packaging on their products, and we hope to see more providers moving in this direction soon.Now, to the capsules themselves: each of the thirty CBD oil capsules are gray and white, though it looks like the gray color is imparted by the CBD oil within. The capsules are both vegan and gluten-free (in addition to being cruelty-free), making these CBD capsules both inclusive and sustainable.
Within the capsule, the broad-spectrum CBD extract is combined with MCT oil to form a pasty, semi-crumbly, off-white mixture that takes the shape of the pill — or whatever it’s compressed into. It doesn’t have much of a flavor on its own, and none when ingested inside the capsule.
Effects (Onset, Duration, Intensity)
Similar to other oral products absorbed through the digestive tract, these capsules take a little time to kick in: we noticed effects about 45 minutes after ingestion on average, but your mileage may vary here depending on your metabolism, what you’ve had to eat that day, and a number of other factors.
Within an hour of ingestion, we found ourselves physically and mentally relaxed, more able to focus, and pain-free. This dosage strength (33.3 mg per capsule) was sufficient for our testers to feel the pain-relieving, anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory benefits of CBD without drowsiness. After taking the CBD capsules, we felt calm, noticed an improvement in mood, and felt generally good.
In line with other oral CBD products, these capsules provided us with long-lasting relief — 8-10 hours for most of our testers, though again, your individual experience may vary a bit. We found these CBD oil capsules effective for relief from a variety of symptoms, including chronic pain and soreness in muscles and joints, systemic inflammation, anxiety, depression, and mood disorders.
The capsules also worked against more intense pain caused by injury or our menstrual cycles (even one tester’s severe menstrual pain caused by endometriosis). We found our dose of CBD to be just as effective at treating moderate to severe pain as traditional pharmaceutical pain drugs — that tester with endometriosis ended up tossing her tramadol in favor of CBD for pain management.
First Hand Review
Best used with (Complimentary Product)
While these CBD oil capsules provide long-lasting symptom relief, they take quite some time to kick in. For this reason, we recommend pairing them with an inhaled form of CBD like a bowl of organic hemp flower or a hit from a CBD vape for fast-acting relief.
If you find yourself in need of targeted pain relief, you might also consider using a topical CBD product like the roll-on CBD Freeze or inflammation cream. The high doses of CBD in these products will target pain and inflammation in sore joints and muscles at the surface, while your systemic CBD products work from within for all-around relief.
Each bottle contains 30 capsules and a total of 1000 mg of organic CBD (or 33.3 mg per capsule). At $75.99 per bottle, this yields a per-milligram cost of just under $0.08 and a per-dose price of $2.53, which is quite reasonable — especially when the quality of the product is considered. For a fully vegan, organic CBD capsule, these little dudes are pretty affordable — and effective.
When comparing these to competing CBD softgel capsules, we feel like these stand their ground. They’re affordable, sustainable, and contain no animal products (making them both vegetarian- and vegan-friendly, a relative rarity for capsules). The capsules are batch-tested for quality, purity, and potency, and they meet our CBD Buyer’s Guide criteria.
America’s #1 Choice in Premium CBD Oil: Organic, USA Grown, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
Suggested Use: Twice daily or as needed.
Storage: Keep away from heat, light, and humidity to preserve freshness.
- Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Bottle: 30
Cannabidiol (CBD) 33.3 mg
OTHER INGREDIENTS: MCT Oil (Extracted from Coconut Oil).
cbdMD Distributed by: cbdMD Charlotte, NC
1-800-973-3984 | www.cbdMD.com
First Hand Review;
Relieves sore muscles and reduces anxiety! Notice a significant difference in recovery and social settings.