cbdMD CBD Oil Tincture Drops 1500mg Mint Flavor Product Review
GET 15% OFF! USE CODE: KEY15
cbdMD at a Glance
cbdMD’s products straddle the line between full-spectrum CBD oil and isolate-based CBD extracts. The company is part of a growing movement that seeks to provide the benefits of a varied cannabinoid profile without the risk of THC consumption.
The scientists at cbdMD do this by combining pure CBD isolate with a broad-spectrum blend. This blend includes numerous supplemental ingredients like terpenes, amino acids, and essential oils. Various formulas may include B-caryophyllene, Guaiol, A-bisabolol, isopulegol, and eucalyptol to enhance CBD’s effectiveness. This way, cbdMD can provide the ‘Entourage Effect’ benefits without the risk of THC contamination.
cbdMD Discount & Coupon Code
Be sure to use our unique cbdMD Coupon Code ‘KEY15’ for a 15% discount on your entire order!
CBD Oil Tincture - Mint Flavor Overview
The original, the classic, the tried and true – a CBD oil tincture provides the simplest, purest, and most versatile way to take your daily CBD. Made with Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula infused in MCT oil, cbdMD’s CBD tinctures come in a wide range of concentrations so you can tailor your routine for your exact needs. Squeeze the CBD Tincture into your morning coffee or evening tea, or put it directly under your tongue and swallow for the fastest action. Sometimes, nothing beats the basics!
- CBD Information:
- CBD Type: Superior Broad Spectrum hemp extract includes CBD, CBG, and CBN
- Potency: 300-7500mg CBD Per Bottle
- Carrier Oil: Made with MCT Oil
- Choose from Orange, Berry, Mint, or unflavored Natural
- Other Information:
- Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Available in two sizes and six concentrations
Smell, Taste, Consistency (Irrelevant to effects)
- Upon opening the bottle of cbdMD’s CBD Oil Tincture Drops, we noted a gentle, sweet minty scent. It reminds us of the vanilla mint in our garden: refreshing and bright, but also sweet and mellow. The smell isn’t overwhelming, which we’re grateful for — we find a lot of mint-flavored CBD oils tend to be too aggressively flavored, so we have high hopes for the taste of this product.
- The flavor of the oil is pleasantly minty, more peppermint than spearmint (which we prefer). It does have a subtle sweetness to it — but nothing cloying — and the flavor lasts around a minute in the mouth, so there isn’t an intense aftertaste to worry about. We’ll admit that we’re a little bored with the traditional mint-flavored CBD extract (it seems to be everyone’s go-to flavor), but this is definitely one of the better ones. It’s especially lovely in the mornings — we like it fine straight, but it also makes a pretty delicious peppermint mocha.
- First, we need to recognize the brand’s packaging decision: cbdMD nailed it by putting this CBD oil in a childproof bottle. While it’s not possible to overdose on CBD, it is still medicine, and we believe that as such, it should be responsibly packaged. We applaud cbdMD for this packaging decision, and we hope to see more providers follow suit in the near future.We loved that concept from a dosing convenience perspective, as it allows the consumer to fine-tune their CBD consumption in a precise, consistent manner, and we wish it were consistent across all bottles. That said, we noticed that the dropper included in this product was unmarked, unlike the 300 mg and 750 mg droppers that were marked off in .25 mL increments. Perhaps it was unintended, but it’s something we felt was worth noting.
Now, to the oil itself: it’s clear and free-flowing, with a very subtle warm, ambery tint to it — it’s barely detectable, but it will stain fabrics because of its oily composition, so be mindful when dosing. It draws up quickly into the dropper for dosing and doesn’t adhere to the mucosa of the mouth when consumed, minimizing the aftertaste and preventing the flavored burps commonly associated with some CBD oils (we are not fond of minty burps).
Effects (Onset, Duration, Intensity)
True to most consumable CBD products, we felt the effects of this CBD oil anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes after dosing, depending on our individual compositions and what/how recently we’d eaten that day. At this dose (50 mg per mL dose), we felt relief from moderate to severe symptoms throughout the day — up to 10 hours for some of us, with an average period of relief lasting from 7-8 hours.
This oil was effective against moderate to more severe pain and inflammation and imparted a pronounced improvement in mood. We noticed a reduction in symptoms of anxiety, including racing thoughts, tension, restlessness, and the gastrointestinal unrest often associated with the condition.
These benefits extended to social situations as well — we felt more at ease, even in crowded situations, and felt less social anxiety and the associated negative thoughts. If you have the condition, you’re likely familiar with these thought cycles: worrying that everyone is judging you or dislikes you, finds you annoying, or is pitying you. While we recommend Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help redirect these thoughts, CBD can make a measurable difference in the frequency and severity of these thoughts in triggering situations.
All in all, we like this CBD oil for a long-lasting “maintenance dose” of CBD to alleviate symptoms throughout the day. This dosage strength was strong enough for most of our testers to feel lasting, complete relief from symptoms. That said, a few of us needed higher doses for total alleviation of symptoms, mainly those of us who use CBD to treat conditions like severe chronic pain or symptoms of psychosis (CBD has been shown to be an effective antipsychotic for some consumers, and therefore may have potential for treating illnesses like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other mental illnesses with psychotic features).
If this is you, don’t worry — CBD dosing is not an exact science, and it can take some time to find what works for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment, and do some research to point you in the right direction. Check out our resources to read more about CBD dosing, choosing the right products, and replacing your current pharmaceutical regimen with beneficial cannabinoids like CBD.
You could consume this product in larger quantities or more frequently throughout the day to alleviate your symptoms, but you could also purchase a stronger dosage strength, which is more efficient from both a product conservation and cost-saving perspective — and cbdMD has exceedingly high dosage strengths available.
First Hand Review
Best used with (Complimentary Product)
We love this CBD oil as a systemic dose of CBD for all-day, full-body relief, but it takes a considerable amount of time to kick in due to its absorption through the digestive tract. For fast-acting relief, we suggest smoking or vaping a bowl of organic hemp flower, or vaping CBD oil. You could also dab 99.9% pure CBD isolate for intensive, instantaneous relief from even severe symptoms.
If you need localized relief for muscle soreness, joint pain, stiffness, or inflammation, try a roll-on pain freeze or CBD cream to reduce inflammation and pain at the site while your systemic dose works from within, providing total, targeted pain relief.
Each 30 mL bottle (1 fluid ounce) contains 1500 mg of organic, US-grown CBD, or 50 mg per 1 mL dose. At $99.99 per bottle, this works out to a per-milligram price of just shy of $0.07, which is honestly pretty wonderful, especially as far as organic, sustainably grown, independently tested oral CBD products go. This oil is definitely on the affordable end of the spectrum of comparable products, which we like, and the per-milligram price continues to decrease at higher dosage strengths.
Next to competing products of comparable quality and composition, we think this CBD oil stands its ground. It’s flavorful, affordable, organic, non-GMO, US grown and processed, gluten-free, and vegan, making it accessible to a varied customer base. The product is manufactured according to sustainable conditions and is responsibly formulated and batch-tested by an independent laboratory to ensure quality. This oil meets our CBD Buyer’s Guide criteria for quality, purity, and potency.
America’s #1 Choice in Premium CBD Oil
Organic, USA Grown, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING
Suggested Use: Twice daily or as needed.
Storage: Keep away from heat, light, and humidity to preserve freshness
- Serving Size: 1 mL (1 dropper full)
- Servings Per Bottle: 30
- Cannabidiol (CBD): 50 mg
- OTHER INGREDIENTS: MCT Oil (Extracted from Coconut Oil & Mint Extract
cbdMD Distributed by: cbdMD Charlotte, NC
1-800-973-3984 | www.cbdMD.com
First Hand Review;
I've used this Tincture from cbdMD for over one year and I believe it has preempted the need for a 4th back surgery. My back hasn't felt this good in 10 years. Additionally, I would rate their customer service with 6 stars! They have been extremely ... helpful and provide prompt delivery. Can't go wrong with bdMD.....customer for life